Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Destination Unknown ...

Just finished Path Without Desination: An Autobiography of Satish Kumar. Inspiring. I stopped practicing the violin - picked it up and it sounded horrid (it sounded fine actually, it was my playing it that was disharmonious). After reading this book (rather quickly -- I don't know why I get so bored at the end and start skimming. must work on that) I realized I stopped practicing living. It's one thing to try to treat the world with no expectations, to view everything as impermanent. But that's not living. Respect toward earth, community, self. Nice.

2 comments:

carabou said...

I'm tired of flipping through the "next blog" and seeing so many with zero comments. So many people keeping online diaries that get no notice. And so many that are just one entry from four years ago.

carabou said...

Next book to read:
Digital Aboriginal: The Direction of Business Now: Instinctive, Nomadic, and Ever-Changing by Mikela and Philip Tarlow.