Sunday, November 13, 2005

Too much to do in the house; too much to do in the yard. The office is now purple, and the bathroom has an amazing supernoval paint effect going on. The cats are still annoyingly cute and the dogs are cleaner. The boy's grandmother had a heart attack but she's fine. The grandfather had some of his nitroglycerine and told her to pop a few to calm the attack down. She did; felt better; decided to wait to call the doctor (!). A short stay in the hospital and she's sounding better than when she went in (probably that yankee fortitude). The weather is unusually warm. The hydrangeas I planted (were they hydrangeas? I have to check the bag) came up. They were supposed to snuggle in the ground until spring. I'm worried about them. I also planted some free cannas (yay free!). They're really supposed to be divided in the spring, but whatever. The budleja I bought from Oregon now has sprouts. I divided it, and the other two have sprouts as well. Again, worried. Poor little confused plants. It's not spring yet. I also pulled the dog guard off of the spinach. They're on their own now. Sprigly sprouts sticking their cute little heads out. I can't wait to eat them. I'm thinking about planting some horsetail along the side of the garage to give it a zen feel. Not sure yet. Still thinking.

No comments: