Friday, February 16, 2007

My razr wasn't that dirty

So Sunday, after the horror of finding our cats dead, AC was nice and started washing the urine-and-blood covered laundry I had piled in the office, including the clothes I wore to carry the bodies to the emergency clinic.

Unfortunately, my phone was still in the pocket of my hoodie.

And he washed it.

I did everything I could, including taking the razr apart (I had to buy a T6 and T5 size screwdriver), but, even though I was able to get it to start, it wouldn't recognize the sim card. Not even ACs. So I'm getting a new one thanks to insurance. I don't think it's worth it (I have to pay $50 and the new phone is going to be reconditioned anyway), but this will be the last razr I own. I've had bad luck with them.

At least I'm not getting a replacement pink one. I asked the first time if I could get a silver, and the Cingular rep said "no" so I declined the replacement. I had AC call the second time, and the service rep said "sure". Sexist Cingular rep (the first one, not the second). She sounded like she was 12 anyway. I really wanted to tell her off, but I'm not really in the mood yet. I'll be getting a new phone on Wednesday. And it will be the silver one (again). Small, but it makes me smile a little.

No comments: