Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Purging the evilness of US Bank

So I've got to purge the evilness of my last post, and I just happen to have some lovely mushrooms. They are currently whispering, "we want to be made into a sauce chasseur, and served with fresh homemade pasta!" How could I not oblige such a request? I don't have any demi glace, so it won't be as nice as it could be, but I don't think it will be difficult to enjoy. And it will give me practice on making sauces. Darn.

I'll recommend this recipe with the modification of using a whole, peeled, deseeded tomato instead of the sauce, and only use 2 tsp of butter at the beginning to soften the mushrooms and shallots, and use the rest of it at the end ("monte au beurre"). Also, don't forget to add salt and pepper with the mushrooms, after the liquid reduction, and before serving (to taste, of course). The brandy can probably get left out, too.

I read at one source that the sauce is meant for poorly shot game. It's still quite tasty.

No comments: