Friday, January 05, 2007

sweet, sweet sushi

sweet, sweet sushi Originally uploaded by carabou.
I'm not as annoyed as I was a few days ago. I guess I was just going through anger issues related to the lack of oxygen in my brain from all of my asthma and cedar issues. But yay to TCM and NAP! I can breathe!

But now I'm all depressed and wigged out so I got up last night at crazy early (it wasn't even today yet) and made petit fours. I don't know why I had to make petit fours, but I did. Even more important, I had to make sushi petit fours. Yes. I had to make sushi petit fours. But I really goofed up the petit four icing (I've never made petit fours before) so it ended up looking a lot more like rice cake (mmmm) than I had originally expected (at least on some of them).

I still had (and have) fondant in my pantry, so next was the shrimp, but I learned my lesson about the important of taste and in the future I will be attempting molded and baked merengue shrimp with something else as the wasabi (almond paste?). The fondant is too dense and gross. It needs to be lighter and crisp or at least just tasty. Maybe an almond cookie cookie would work. I'll have to think about that.

No comments: